Development Associates International
Job Title: Major Gift Officer
Reporting Relationships: Reports to Director of Development
Job Summary: The Major Gift Officer is responsible for identifying and cultivating relationships with prospective major gift donors and planned giving donors. This involves prospect research and developing effective solicitation strategies as well as stewarding donors throughout the major giving process. The Major Gift Officer will compile this information in a donor portfolio and emphasize gifts of $20,000 or greater.
This individual will also work with our board members and staff leaders to coordinate and execute long-term fundraising initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Witness of his/her personal relationship with Jesus Christ; maintain a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of DAI and faithfully uphold DAI’s ministry in prayer.
- Work in a flexible manner with the members of the Development and Marketing departments to creatively achieve mutual goals.
- Work closely with others in the Development Department to initiate and carry forward a planned giving program.
- Design the strategy of the major giving program and execute that strategy. This includes identifying, building relationships with, and cultivating major gift prospects.
- With an attitude of servant leadership, soliciting donations from major gift donors.
- Designing an effective major gift donor stewardship program, that provides excellent care and fulfillment for the donors, through long term, healthy relationships.
For more information and application instructions, download the job description: Major Gift Officer DAI 2018