“In just a little while, the wicked will be no more; though you look carefully at his place, he will not be there.
But the meek shall inherit the land and delight themselves in abundant peace.” Psalm 37: 10-11
Why We Are Praying for South Sudan
We are heartbroken about about the escalating humanitarian needs, mass displacement, and continuing violence across South Sudan. Currently:
- 2.2 million people have been forced to flee their homes
- 3.9 million people are currently in need of urgent humanitarian assistance
- A peace agreement has yet to be reached
Please pray for lasting peace and reconciliation to pervade South Sudan and that aid will reach those most in need. Psalm 37 repeats the message that the wicked will pass away and God will not forsake his saints. Read through Psalm 37 and allow it to guide your prayers, or join DAI in praying for…
- God’s protection and wisdom for DAI staff and students living and working in the affected areas
- The churches that are working to spread powerful messages of peace
- That those who lost loved ones in the fighting and attacks would feel the comfort of the Holy Spirit
- Aid to quickly come to people in need of safety, food, shelter, and medical attention
If you feel led to provide much needed relief to the people of South Sudan; DAI will send 100% of your gift to South Sudan to provide food, medicine, and water. Learn more.